Book Giveaways for August
One random winner will be chosen to receive a copy of Mean Streak by Sandra Brown. Click on book cover for more information and to enter.
One random winner will be chosen to receive a copy of Mr. Tall: A Novella and Stories by Tony Earley. Click on book cover for more information and to enter.
Book Giveaway Winners for July
Winner of Inside Man
Winner of Angels Make Their Hope Here
Jason Steinmetz - PA
Vicki Wurgler - ND
Winners of Eyes on You
Carol Swaim - TX
Second winner has been notified. We are waiting for confirmation.
Featured Book - Higgledy Piggledy: A Tale of Four Little Pigs by B. Seymour Rabinovitch with Rebecca Treger and Mari Stein, Illustrator and Edited by Ruth A. Rabinovitch
Based on a classic English Fairy Tale, 4 brother piglets living their happy life in the sun learn a big lesson about what's truly in a name when scary Mr. Wolf moves to town and is hungry for ham. 48 pages with 22 color illustrations and 2 photographs with information about the author and illustrator.
SEE OUR REVIEW
Featured Book - The Circuit: Executor Rising by Rhett C. Bruno
It has been centuries since Earth was rendered a barren, volatile wasteland. With their homeworld left uninhabitable, humanity founded a system of colonies throughout their local solar system. Known as the Kepler Circuit, these settlements are strung together by a network of nonaligned Solar-Ark transports, locked in continuous motion. They have served to provide an influx of resources to every faction ruling over the remnants of humankind, most importantly the newly discovered element Gravitum which is found only in the Earth's unstable mantle.
By 500 K.C. a religious sect known as the New Earth Tribunal has risen to preside over most of The Circuit. Though there is barely a faction left remaining to challenge them, a string of attacks on their transports force them to summon the enigmatic, yet brilliant, Cassius Vale for help. What they don't know is that together with his intelligent android creation, ADIM, he is the one orchestrating the raids.
His actions lead to the involvement of Sage Volus, a beautiful Tribunal Executor sent by her masters to spy on their mortal enemies - the Ceresian Pact. In order to find out who is behind the attacks, she infiltrates the ranks of a roguish mercenary named Talon Rayne. Against all her intentions, however, she finds her faith tested by him and his ragtag squad.
While Sage and Talon are engaged in a futile hunt, Cassius Vale initiates his strategy to bring down the narrow-minded Tribune once and for all. But will anyone be able to survive what he has in store for the Circuit?
SEE OUR REVIEW
VISIT AUTHOR'S WEBSITE
Featured Book - Six Words by Surendra Kumar Sagar
The book is on Science and Philosophy…its actually my ( or rather a quark`s) autobiography from the `Big Bang` (about 13.7 billion years ago) onwards. The past is clear … lots of books on Physics and cosmology ….no big deal. Predicting the future is complex and difficult. I am not worried about deep future ( trillions of years deep), of the `Infinite mind` (explained in the book) but the immediate future…the next five centuries or so…. of the human race component of the `infinite mind` is worrying. The probability of the human civilization self destructing itself within the next few centuries is substantially high (calculations in support of this are in the book). How to prevent the collapse of human civilization is what the book is all about. It is aimed at arriving at a `Standard model of philosophy`, which is likely to be accepted by all religions, a kind of `World view` on what is reality, the universe, life and consciousness, etc. Such a `world view`, can bring about fusion of science and religion, and thereby unite all religions, which is a prime requirement to end conflicts and wars.
SOME UNIQUE IDEAS:
Some of the concepts/ideas are absolutely unique, and could even become path breaking such as:
1) The Philosophical model based on the initial condition that the universe must make sense.
2) The concept of a Seminar held in a parallel universe shown live on television in that parallel universe, where the philosophy of the `Six words` is transmitted to the world, and creates a big impact.
3) The idea that the all intelligent `infinite mind` present everywhere in time and space could explain some of the features of Quantum Physics such as `quantum entanglement `for one.
4) The idea that this `Infinite mind` can travel to and fro in space as well as time and remains most of the time in the Stelliferrous era where stars are shining and life and consciousness is flourishing.
1) My “hook” is probably how this book being of a general purpose of discussing Science and Philosophy is actually my Autobiography.
2) That this autobiography begins at the big bang itself, it is in fact the autobiography of a quark.
3) The reading of the Chapter on the Seminar, and imagining as though you are watching a movie with your favorite stars portraying the various characters(Scientists and Philosophers).
4)`The guessing of the Six Words and the desire to read the book once more`.
5) The Complete story of Quantum Physics and its sequential development over the years, has been placed on a platter for the benefit of the readers. The non Scientists will love it. In thirty odd pages, they will learn enough Quantum Physics to be able to understand and appreciate the philosophical impacts of the subject. This is an enormous ``HOOK``.
Click Here for More Information
Featured Book - My Best Friend and Loyal Companion: This Book is Dedicated to Bandi by Nancy Eaton (Available as a Kindle Download for 99 cents)
About six months ago, I had to have my Shih Tzu euthanized. She was very ill and did not want to eat. No one wants their beloved pet to suffer. I was devastated. Today, I am still not over the hurt I feel over her loss.
When I tried to think of a way to honor her, it was difficult to come up with something she really deserved. Then it dawned on me – why not write down my memories of the happy times I spent with this wonderful dog.
I hope others who have animals will enjoy reading about our happy times together.
This book is dedicated to Bandi, my beloved best friend and loyal companion.
All proceeds from this book will be donated to a no kill shelter.
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE THIS BOOK (99 cents - Kindle Dowload)
Your #1 Source for Kindle Books
Visit our new site Find-Ebooks.net to find Amazon Kindle books. This site specializes in Kindle books only. Also, be sure to click on the Facebook "like" button on the home page.
A Multitude of Sins by M.K. Wren
A Painted House by John Grisham
Closed Doors by Lisa O'Donnell
Cop Town by Karin Slaughter
Higgledy Piggledy: A Tale of Four Little Pigs by B. Seymour Rabinovitch with Rebecca Treger and Mari Stein, Illustrator and Edited by Ruth A. Rabinovitch
Hell to Pay by Garry Disher
Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen
I Want to Do Yoga Too by Carole P. Roman
Stuck in the Doldrums, The Treasure of Snake Island,The Crew Goes Coconuts and Capain Beard: An Imaginary Tale of a Pirate's Life by Carole P. Roman
Islands by Sara Stamey
Laughing in the Rain by Hillary Saffran
The Andromedia Strain by Michael Crichton
The Circuit: Executor Rising by Rhett C. Bruno
The Devil's Violin by Art Johnson (Review #2)
The Garden of Burning Sand by Corban Addison
The Jaffa Resonance by Patrick Delaney
The Kissing Bridge by Tricia Goyer
Tiger Shrimp Tango by Tim Dorsey
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -